Sunday, October 26, 2008

Why Another Blog?

Why another blog? After all, there are already so many blogs yet so little time. Each day I seem to discover a new blog site with good stuff. True, there are many blogs that are not worth the effort to click on, but many of which I have been faithful to read have been helpful. (Between Two Worlds and Tim Challies are just a couple of which I frequent.)

So, why another blog? Well, I have a few reasons:

1) For the glory of God! Though this could be assumed, I never wish to not state the obvious.

2) For the renewing of our minds! (Thus, the blog title) We must learn to think biblically!

3) For sake of truth! In a post-modern world, we must hold on to that which is true.

4) For the depth of our souls! My hope is that this blog avoids the trivial that captures so much of our attention in this world.

5) For personal reflection! Writing causes me to think and work at expressing the truth.

So here is my attempt at a blog. For those who read it I hope you enjoy it, but more importantly, I pray it serves as a catalyst for the renewal of your mind.

Jeff

No comments: